Santa Rosa American Little League
2021 Covid-19 Safety Plan
(revised 2/28/21- plan subject to change)
• Follow State and County Health Orders and Guidance. Other Resources:
• No one with symptoms associated with COVID, or who is in quarantine or isolation for COVID is permitted to attend practices or competitions; players exhibiting COVID symptoms or who have tested positive for COVID, cannot return to play until the timelines recommended by the CDC’s Guidance: Return to Sports have been observed.
• Face coverings to be worn by coaches, support staff and observers at ALL times. Facial coverings required by all when not participating (side lines, to/from the field) and strongly encouraged to be worn during activity (during competition).
• No players are allowed in dug out. Maintain at least six feet between participants and coaches when possible.
• Hand hygiene required before play, during breaks, and at conclusion of play.
• Inter-team competitions (games) are permitted if both teams are from the same county OR in immediately bordering counties when the sport is authorized. Local Health Departments to be notified of any cross-county competitions and reserve right to deny competition.
• No tournaments or events that involve more than two teams. Only one game, per team, per day to be played. Teams must not participate in out-of-state games and tournaments without authorization from County Health Department. Stagger start times to reduce crowds/overlap with other teams.
• Observers for youth sports should be limited to immediate household members for purpose of age appropriate supervision needed. Limit number of observers to ensure physical distancing and reduce potential crowding. No gathering or mixing of other households before or after games.
• Practice, skill-building, and training can be conducted outdoors, with 6 feet distancing, and within stable cohorts regardless of case rate or sport.
• No sharing of drink bottles or personal items. No shaking hands or high fives. No food or beverage sales or service.
• Outdoor high-contact sport (orange tier) and outdoor moderate-contact sports (baseball) can be played in the purple or red tier with an adjusted case rate to equal or lesser than 14 per 100,000, and IF an Informed Consent form has been signed by all players or parents/guardians of minors.
• No player is allowed to practice or compete until the Little League COVID-19 Player Informed Consent Form has been completed by a parent/guardian and provided to the league.
• When using City of Santa Rosa fields, SRALL coaches, players, and observers will observe the City of Santa Rosa COVID Safety Plan, as amended.
California Department of Public Health - https://www.cdph.ca.gov/Programs/CID/DCDC/Pages/COVID-19/outdoor-indoor-recreational-sports.aspx (INFO regarding rules for when baseball games may resume! Practices under our current safety protocols are allowed at all tiers.)
Little League International - http://www.littleleague.org/coronavirus
World Health Organization - https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/events-as-they-happen
Centers for Disease Control and Preventation - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/index.html
Sonoma County Department of Health - https://sonomacounty.ca.gov/Health-Service